The Friendship Outreach Center, Inc. (FOC) is a human service, non-profit 501(c )(3) charitable organization which has been in operation since 2004. The vision of Rev. Dr. Alvin J. Gwynn Sr., Pastor of the Friendship Baptist Church, the Center has sought to provide self-selected nutritious foods, clothing, and resources to local residents in need.
- Free food, clothes and shoes were provided to clients. The items were provided through donations.
- A partnership was established with the Maryland Food Bank
- Resource referrals were given to approximately 4,000 Maryland residents for eviction notices and BGE cut-off notices.
- Implemented a fresh produce, breads and juices program that distributed an average of 10,000 pounds of food once a month in the community.
- Distributed 100 Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday turkey baskets.
- Assisted over 200 individuals and families thorough the FOC adopt-a-family and coat drive.
- Received a grant from the Maryland Emergency Food Program (MEFP) which increased the availability of wholesome canned good for families in need.
- Distributed over 91,000 pounds of fresh produce to nearly 10,000 families.
- Provided over 50,000 pounds of shelf-stable, frozen foods and laundry detergent and distributed over 150,000 pounds of fresh food to more than 15,000 Maryland residents.
- Helped nearly 800 families prevent eviction and disruption of BGE services
- Provided resource referrals to approximately 6,000 Maryland residents
- At our monthly produce drop, 9,022 family members were served and we distributed 157,828 pounds of food.
- Provided 2,294 family members 35,475 pounds of food, which included 300 turkey baskets for the holidays.
- Volunteers donated more than 4,200 hours